Friday, January 28, 2011

So this blog is about me and my year long journey into accepting myself and putting myself out there a little more. Here is a list of things I do or like. Yes, I am weird....and accepting it.

I dont sing in the shower but quite often I will dance in the shower. It hasnt resulted in injury yet...plus, you cant really move around alot in my master bathroom shower. If you put your elbows up they hit the walls, tiny shower! But I have tried to bust a move in there. Also, I sound like a drowning cat when I sing.

I always eat the same things at restaurants. I know what I like and I stick with it. Whats wrong with that?

I dont feel as old as I am. I feel like Im 21 or so.

I cant figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Im torn between 2 things. I dont know if I should stick with nursing or go to school to be a teacher. Its a struggle because nursing is faster and makes more money, but nursing school is very pricey and would leave us in debt. If I went to school to be a teacher it would take longer and it would be a funner job, but it doesnt make alot of money and I would have to work every day. This is my internal struggle. Which way to go?

When Im alone driving I listen to the music in the car really loud! I mean really loud! I totally sing at the top of my lungs too.

I hate wearing my hair down. Pony tails are my friend.

I get cravings for meat. I must eat like a man. Sometimes I just want a big medium rare steak. I just recently started liking mashed potatoes. Ive always hated them until about 3 years ago. Im starting to eat asparagus and brussel sprouts too. Both things that I didnt eat for years on end until just recently.

I dont like to wear socks. They make my feet feel weird.

I love to watch house improvement shows on tv. I also like to just go for drives and look at cool houses up in the avenues or by the capital. I absolutely love a house with alot of character!

I have SAD. seasonal affective disorder. And the winter really gets to me. :( I feel depressed today.

I feel like my job is an abusive boyfriend. I come to work and get hit, punched, kicked, pooped on, treated like Im someones slave, demanded that I wipe peoples butts because theyre too lazy and gross to do it themselves, treated inferior from certain stupid nurses, and all other sort of crap I deal with to work here. But then you get the nice patient that appreciates you and makes you feel like you can come back tomorrow and do it all over again. You know, like when an abusive boyfriend or husband punches his girl and then tells her he loves her and then she can never leave because she thinks he really loves her. Thats how my job is. It poops on me but I keep coming back.

I have numerous mountains of shoes...that dont fit anymore 'cause my feet grew when i was preggo with kelty. I should throw those out.

Jay said sleeping with socks on is quarky. I just think my feet get cold, or I dont think about it. I'll tell you a quarky thing about Jay....he hates shoes and he wears shorts in the winter. whos the weirdo now?

Some of that stuff is pretty quarky I suppose. Its me and Im accepting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment