Thursday, November 8, 2012

request for a blog update :)

goooood morning fellow blogging buddies!

well, i have recieved a request via fb for a blog update.... First off, sorry for being so random in this last years updates, it was a roler coaster year.

Anywho, todays topic.... "The Conundrum". I have many conundrums in my life. Shall we list them? We shall. 1st conundrum, its a doozie, my cute little family lives in my moms basement. This is terrrrrrrrrible because I have been a home owner, as in actual mortgage on a property. Allbeit, a crap shack, but it was mine and i could live in it as i chose. Living in moms basement has its advantages and drawbacks. I will ellaborate on this particular conundrum in following posts.....they deserve a post all to themself.

2nd conundrum, what to do with my "poopy" job?....pun intended. As many of you know, i am not yet a nurse......or maybe never will be. Heres the problem, i have been quoted well over $20 an hour to start once i get my RN. Buuuuuuuuut, i believe you should be a nurse only if you want to and cant do anything else. its an emotional job and patients deserve people that want to be there with them. now i know thats not entirely realistic. I love to be with my patients but they are starting to annoy me rather than joy me(ha! i crack myself up!) I DO love my job but having to work every single christmas because my boss is nuts is really wearing on me. Yes, i could find a new place to work but do i really want to do this forever? Let me explain, nowhere in nursing school do they tell you that you will be judged by your patients everyday and then given a survey about you. Here at lovely Pioneer Valley, we have a "customer service lady" that pops into our patients rooms everyday and asks them "do you like your nurse?" What if theyre mad at you because the very sight of you is making them hurt? or the lotion you just put on(unscented btw) is making them nauseous, or the doctor isnt giving them the pain medication they want and the nurse is always the scapegoat. Not to mention exposing yourself to highly infections organisms on a daily basis, and the never ending 14 hour shift, working on holidays and weekends, and being up to your elbows in poop(that is very true). Yup, lots of crap that comes from this job........but also alot of good.
So, Aerial, what is the conundrum you say? Do i take a job thats going to quite literally take me away from my family for the next 18 months for school to get payed(to get out of moms basement)? or do i go to school to be a teacher?

Questions and conundrums. what to do, what to do? When i figure this out i'll let you all know. just remember, despite all the poop and political crap I love my job. Dang it, i think i might go to nursing school. ugh!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! :) Deciding what to do with your life is harder than it should be, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is much harder than one would think. hey, heard youre going to nursing school! good on you hilary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on my pre-req's right now and may not pass Biology so we'll see how it goes... Assuming I pass, I will have four more classes to take.

    ReplyDelete