Sunday, February 6, 2011

here fishy fishy!

Good news minute!!!
We payed off 2 entire bills! YAY!!!


Now onto the real subject of this here blog. We got 2 fish! 2 Bettas or Siamese fighting fish! Gage named his Moonstar, because his face is "dark like the night and his tail is bright like a star". Oh Gage-o! He is soooo funny! He said that exact quote!....maybe he's been watching too much Avatar or something? He cracks me up. His fish is beautiful. Hes bright blue with a red stripe in his fins.

We got a little tank to house him and all the fixins or tools to take care of him. Funny Gage and Kelty checked on him like 50 times last night to make sure the fish was ok and swimming around like normal.

Kel named her fish(a female betta...not as big and pretty but she'll do) Aurora Borealis. Because her fish is pink, red, white, and a little blue...like the northern lights.
Now the dude at the petsmart said we could house a female and male betta in the same tank. Now, I thought differently 'cause I had some fighting fish when I was young and they would flip when the other fish bowl got too close, let alone be in the same tank. Sooooo, we put them in the same tank when we got Aurora home.....mmmmaybe not such a good idea. Moonstar puffed out his fins and began chasing the poor female all over the tank. She looked scared to death!...probly was fearing for her life...stupid me. But the dude said it was ok. So, Moonstar was chasing her all over and cornering her in the bottom of the tank. They seemed to calm down after a while, the fish that is. The kids never calm down. :)

So I came to work and looked up information on bettas. Uhhhhh aaaack! They should NOT be in the same tank! Stupid petsmart dude I knew you looked shifty! All the websites say its not a good idea to house them together because the male will kill the female after hes done torturing her or harass her around the tank to the point of exhaustion for the female so she cant come up for air and she drowns. Thats right, we just bought butthole fish!

So I was fretting about kels fish getting harassed and drowning or eaten by Moonstar. I made jay check on the fish like 20 times and text me to let me know how theyre doing. I know, Im a freak. I kept reading about fighting fish and I got so anxious about my little girls fish getting murdered in the night that I called Jay and made him get Aurora out of the tank and into a new one. Good thing I had a glass container that was perfect for her! YAY ME! Saved a fishys life today! Im such a good samaritan!

So I guess we'll see how long the fish live......Im not too good about keeping fish. But I'll try my darndest!

No comments:

Post a Comment