Monday, February 14, 2011

oops!

ok, so i believe i mentioned that i was not a good fish keeper. Nope not a good fish keeper. Gages Betta, Moonstar, lasted almost a week. 6 days infact. Last friday i promised gage that i would bring his fish in for show and tell.....i even mentioned it to his teacher that morning. Well, I went home to clean the tank to make sure it was lookin good for the 1st graders and guess what?! Belly up he was! The fish was fine like 20 minutes before that!

so i freaked out, called jay to see if he had any good ideas. he told me to go buy a new fish that looked the same. uhhh no. so i flushed poor moonstar down the toilet and didnt show up for show and tell. all the while my heart was breaking for my son. i didnt show up just because im a calloused person. nuh uhh, when it comes to my kids im not very hardchore, not when it comes to matters of the heart. in between not showing up and maybe killing the fish, i went all over to retrieve a new pet for gage that i could bring to show and tell. i couldnt find anything. i even went to the humane society to get a puppy! a freaking puppy to bring to class! but nothing fit.

so the day went by...me fretting and freaking out. I went to pick up gage....bracing for impact when he jumped into the car. he asked me why i wasnt there for show and tell and then i had to break the news. he put his littl ehead down and sobbed softly for a little bit. we then headed to petsmart to get a new pet. we got a neon tetra and an african dwarf frog.....

we'll see how they last

No comments:

Post a Comment