Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My new years resolution is to post an....."opiniuendo" for lack of a better term, in this blog at least once a week.

This weeks opiniuendo is about running across old high school friends blogs. I have a few lovely and talented high school friends that I follow and they follow me on this blog, and I love them. But I happened to run across a few blogs from different friends that I went to high school with. And well, although lovely people, I thought to myself how "normal". Just, how "normal" these people were and it made me kind of sad.

I guess its the eternal optimist in me that wants to believe everyone wants to have adventures like I do or maybe the pessimist in me that wants, or wanted so desperately(in my angsty teenage years) to be like these people.

Let me explain, this particular group of people consisted mainly of people I went to junior high with and went to highschool together with. I always thought they were goody-goodies. And yes, they turned out to be goody-goodies. It made me kindof sad for most of them. MOST of them I said, not all. But this is what I discovered: some of the girls, exactly the ones I thought by the way, went off to college for a year, wrote and or waited for their man to get back from his mission(also from high school), got married,had babies, and are living happily ever after. Whats wrong with that? Absolutely nothing other than I think its totally convoluted. I mean, Hello! Go out and get some experiences! Experience different people, different areas, something other than living in a constant aging state of high school.

I was refreshed to read a persons blog that did marry one of the seminary jocks. Holy Hannah! She was having a bad day and not everything was smiles and sunshine with my perfect children. It was so nice to see that one of these perfect people, supposedly, turned out to be real.

No ones life is silly. Nor is what they put on their blog about their life. My point is that, I personally, wonder why some of these people never left "high school". Never left Magna. Never left their group of friends. Seems kinda like incest to me. So typical huh?

Im always so proud of my friends that went out and had adventures and experienced new things and new people. Like some moved out of state and some found totally new ways of living and thinking. Im so proud to read about a friends financial/life struggle to pull herself and her siblings out of abuse and is succeeding. I love reading beautiful words from a blogger friend that is such an awesomely talented writer. I absolutely love reading about the triumphs and the struggles. They let me know theyre real, and I hope, they like reading about how Im real.

But, going back to the group of people that are so "normal". I would like to see them prove me wrong. And not be so cookie cutter. Put something real on your blog people.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that some of the loving comments are about me. :D I'm sad we lost touch, but so glad that you and I LIVED, no matter the crap that we had/have to go through! I know exactly what you mean about looking back at HS people and thinking.. really? I'm AMAZED at the amount of them who are still in each other's cliqs. I'm just barely starting to get back in touch with the people I considered "friends" and I'm glad that we've been on each others radar for awhile, even if we aren't able to hang out. Happy New Year to you, my amazing, fabulous friend! :D

    ReplyDelete