Tuesday, October 11, 2011

update

So miss MacKelty had her brain tumor taken out almost 2 weeks ago. The surgery was uneventful(a very good thing!). I cant explain things other than priesthood blessings and miracles were poured out upon us.

Everything remained intact for Kel. Even though the docs were telling me she could possibly end up in a bad situation....like having to relearn how to walk and eat and do everything we've worked so hard to do in the past 2 years. I mean, my darling baby girl didnt walk until she was almost 3 years old and that was only with the help of a walker. So I consider myself to be a recipient of more than one miracle in my lifetime. Just with MacKelty there have too many to even count.

So, she came out of surgery without the vent! Halleluja! The art lines were pulled and the only thing attached to her were Ivs and the tele monitors. It was awesome! Still scary to see her right after surgery though. But it was such a relief to see no vent. I didnt get too crazy at the hospital but you can ask Jay about my meltdown later that night. The only thing that made me nervous was that the RN(i hated her by the way....she was dumb, and yes, I was scrutinizing her care) had to manually hold her neck up to keep her airway open because she had some strider and was a little floppy. Wow, Im really having to hold back how much I want to slander that dumb nurse (now we had a situation the next day in PICU that I wanted to scream at her about. thats why).

But other than the scary PICU we had a good time in the hospital, believe it or not. Kel was just a little confused when she got home. She put her cup in the garbage rather than putting it in the sink where it goes. She still needs a little reminding about a couple things but shes walking and talking. Even running and jumping. You would never know she just had brain surgery almost 2 weeks ago.....except for the hideous baseball like stitching on the back of her head :)

Thanks to everyone that has helped us through the last 3 weeks. I truly appreciate everyones concern and involvement. Ive never had a ward rally around us and show complete strangers(us) so much love and support. Unfortunately it wasnt our own ward it was my moms but it was truly awesome to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment