Wednesday, October 26, 2011

finally!....a little love

I just saw the sweetest thing in the whole world. Im at work, of course, buuuuuuut one of my patients had soiled the bed. Which would normally be a little upsetting because changing entire beds with patients in them is alot of work. Anywho, I walked into the room ready to change the bed and the dad of this adorable special needs boy refused my help. Just totally refused. He then explained that his son is uncomfortable with women taking care of him and how hes the father and any "good dad in his right mind" would offer to do this for his son.

OMG! my heart just swelled because Ive had the thoughts that I would have to do that for my daughter for the rest of her life. And to see a dad still taking care of his 22 year old son that needs an incredible amount of care is just amazing.

I agree with this dad of my patient. I would also try to maintain as much dignity as I could for my loved one in that kind of a circumstance. That kind of love and compassion isnt seen alot around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment